The Policy Review Committee (PRC) exists to provide support and regulation to the University’s policy development life cycle, ensuring that before new policies/changes to policies are passed. The PRC is chaired by the Director of Human Resources.
The role of PRC is a regular standing committee responsible for advising the board on matters relating to the board’s policy infrastructure and processes to ensure it remains relevant, accessible and up-to-date. While PRC writes the policy drafts, the president decides when a draft will move forward or if changes need to be made.
- Professional development training to provide teams with additional context and information to support the planning of policies prevention strategies.
- Research and development of policies and strategies in higher education, particularly in HBCU. Monitor federal, state and local policies and their impact on policies and strategies.
- Reviewing and recommending policies.
Education and Training – Mandatory, quarterly (risk management, safety, compliance, etc.) training to include webinars.
- Reporting – Quarterly and annual updates on policy effectiveness.
- Also, recommends policies for decommission.