Policy No. 1.1005
Subject: Lost and Found
Issued by: Division of Administration
POLICY: Items Lost and Found on the campus can be turned in to the Campus Safety Office located in the Student Services Building, Room 101.
- Reporting an item lost:
- Anyone who has lost an item should report that loss by completing a Loss Incident Report in the Campus Safety Office in the Student Services Building, Room 101.
A. If not contacted within thirty days of the filing the report, the person can follow up with Campus Safety at 626-3771/305 626-3772.
- Reporting an item found:
- Anyone finding an item should turn the item in to the Lost and Found which is located in the Office of Campus Safety in the Student Services Building, Room 101.
- Items turned in will be tagged with an item number, the date it was turned in, where it was found, and by whom.
- The tagged item will be checked against open loss reports for a match.
- An item matching the description of the lost item will be noted and the owner (claimant) will be contacted.
- Items not matching reports ofloss will be stored by Lost and Found for 30 days.
- Storing Items:
- Items turned in will be stored for 30 days from the date turned in and tagged.
- Stored items will be monitored by checking against incoming loss reports for matches.
- If no match can be found, the item(s) will be donated to a charitable organization after the 30-day period.
- Returning Items:
- The claimant must present a valid I.D.
- The claimant will sign the item identification tag acknowledging receipt of the returned item(s).