Policy No. 1.6005
Subject: Announcement of Gifts and Donor Recognitions
Issued by: Office of Public Affairs
POLICY: Announcements in regard to major gifts and grants are made by the Division of Institutional Advancement.
Donors’ requests for anonymity are always respected.
Announcement of Gifts
- All gifts of $25,000 or more are reported to organizations that gather and disseminate information on philanthropy, such as the Chronicle of Higher Education and Philanthropic Digest.
- Gifts of less than $10,000 are not publicized unless news value is very high or a compelling and unusual reason exists. Announcements will be targeted at specific media serving key constituencies.
- The Vice President for Institutional Advancement or her/his designee reviews and approves each gift announcement and obtains approval for release from the donor.
- All gifts to Florida Memorial University are recognized by the Office of Advancement Services with proper gift acknowledgements and receipts in accordance with United States Internal Revenue Service regulations.
- All gifts are recognized with membership in the appropriate University Recognition Societies.
- FMU will work with donors to arrange appropriate recognition for significant gifts.
- The President and Trustee members will be notified of the date and time of planned events.